WHO WE ARE
The mission of Ministry with Community is to empower people to make positive life changes.
To achieve our mission, we:
- Provide an environment of dignity, hope, trust and unconditional acceptance where all people are respected and valued
- Welcome all people in the Kalamazoo community struggling with homelessness, poverty, mental illness and other challenges
- Rebuild lives by providing food, daytime shelter and other supportive services
- Work collaboratively with other community organizations
Our Core Values:
- We believe in the unconditional acceptance of all.
- We value the empowerment of members in a positive, safe and trusting environment.
- We believe that people can have a better life through the fostering of hope with practical guidance and support.
- We value community responsibility. Everyone in our “family” - staff, members and supporters - contributes.
- We provide an atmosphere which fosters and encourages respect for one another.
- We believe in networking with other agencies and the community at large to help meet members’ needs.
Our Statement of Inclusion:
Ministry with Community does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, marital status, familial status, height, weight or arrest record.